Monday, April 25, 2011

bud

first buds
the dream fading
as I tell it
--Bill Kenney, USA

I do not have a home spring experience; coming from and living in the tropics; my friends online tell me of their hankering for spring's warmth and renewing greenery during the white cold of winter 's snow blankets; and i emphatise, and my empathy is not with out substance; for i have briefly experienced winter's cold blasts while on vacation in Brooklyn New York; shortlived as my holiday stay was, it remains etched in my memory sphere.

I can very well sense the fleeting of Bill's haiku spring moment, be it the reality of a newwnes of life, in this budding phase; or the waking up out of, a spring filling dream; either way, the themes of longing and the ephemeral are solidly expressed.

Bill, hints but does not state concretely, about this phenomenon of budding; where is the reality, where is its existence, where the occurrance? Is it in a day's snapshot of retaining, or a fantasy's whirl of escaping, what we do know of this (a coming into, a coming out of?) Bill thinks surely that's enough for his haiku audience, an expression has been embossed in his existence important enough to share; Thank you Bill for your sharing; well done, in ten syllables.

“Thus having prepared their buds against a sure winter the wise trees stand sleeping in the cold.” William Carlos Williams


--gillena cox
coordinator; Caribbean Kigo Kukai



the theme of the kukai was bud

No comments:

Post a Comment